All characters and incidents written in the blog are real...

Friday, April 23, 2010

Hello Bangalore

I reached Bangalore on 24-Feb-10 at 10:30am. I was been to Bangalore when I was a kid, since then a lot has changed. My school friend Anil who was working as HR in IBM guided me and helped me a lot on that day. I got into a bus from airport and reached his house in Jayanagar, he came to pick me up and we had lunch at some MTR hotel (which was authentic and nice). Then he went to his office, I watched TV for sometime, watched half of a movie in my laptop. Then I took a cab from there to Singasandra where my company has provided accommodation. I checked in, the accommodation was good, I went to have dinner in the food court which took almost 1.5 hours in the rush only to eat a not so tasty veg biryani. I decided not to have dinner in the food court from the next day. Next day was my first day at office, it was thursday, my first day went on well with the joining formalities, they put me in a project and later I did a little reading in the library. Second day, I was put into project and I was amazed to see all kinds of chat messengers installed in my system and all kinds of social networking sites were accessible (which was not the case in my previous company). But, without work it is really boring even if you have 1000 friends online... it's fun to chat while working ;-)
I have decided to meet Sunil in the weekend and to check how much time it would take from office to his room, as I had to stay there in the same room from next week. I got into a bus from Singasandra to Silkboard, from there I took an auto to Marathalli where Sunil was waiting for me :) We met in Marathalli, as soon as we saw each other, he shouted "Dude!!! Welcome to Bangalore..."
The company transport was good, so I opted for a cab from BEML to Office (26kms) which is far better than going on bike daily. It is almost 2 months by now, I paid life time road tax for my bike so that we can roam without bounds, got used to the company and colleagues, got to know few routes necessary for living in CV Raman Nagar, tried to learn Kannada but already Bangalorians learnt Telugu so everybody outside communicated in telugu which was good though. Bangalore is now not a new place for me :) but there is lot more to explore... lets see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment